Where the heck are you?

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Who's that crafty Kinder Mommy? It's me...It's me...


Seriously...have you ever? I having been stowing this little cookie idea away deep in the recesses of my pre-kid brain and BLA-DOW here they are! All ready for Kindergarten graduation tomorrow.(sniff, sniff)


Can I tell you one of the best investments I ever made has been in the gel paste, professional dye, rather than those lame liquid drops from the grocery store. And the best part is that I never screamed at a member of my family once during the baking of the cookies. This my friends is progress.
BTW, we bought a new grill today. Pat has been trying to repair ours, and I thought before spending any money at the Depot we should bust down and get one. I pondered WWConnieD? Purchase a new one was really the only option. We'd be saving money really. Think of all the money we will save on electricity because we don't have to turn our oven on while the ac is on. And all of the money we will save not eating out, because we are the Grill Masters.
Tonight we grilled chicken breasts and corn on the cob, both brushed with olive oil and paprika. 12 min corn, 18 min chicken(turn only once!) Then...oh baby. I cut the corn off of the cob(hold with a dish towel) and mixed it with sour cream and dried basil. Holy smokes. From BH&G. I also made the Angel Food Raspberry Bruschetta for dessert. YUM! Can you tell my husband is on vacation?
Please don't take my above comments to mean that we don't want to go out to eat with you, because that is not true. We value friendships over frugality. That's the kind of people we are. Besides some things you just can't cook at home. Like a Costco hot dog and very berry sundae.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Those are the cutest:
1. Kids in your slide show
2. cookies
I will tuck away that idea in my head. I agree about the gel colors!
I'm so glad you think "ww connie d" It works! ;)
xo,
CF

Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa. Those are some pretty impressive cookies! I've been enjoying reading your blog, so keep writing!

AshleyS said...

okay, those cookies are so cool and i've never heard of the gel paste! where do you get it? i love baking and love to hear new ideas. also, we just got back from vacation and I must thank you for your offer of the ladder. We did get the racquet down, so now we need to have you guys over got a game! Wes takes the boards next week, so maybe after that he will be more inclined to be-friend Pat, or maybe not. who cares, they have to understand that you and i are bffs! haha

Ashley said...

Oh I am so relieved that you only blogged once while I was away. So taco night on Saturday, how about a barbecue on Sunday???