Where the heck are you?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Morning Lark

If I could change two things about myself, I would be naturally thin and be a morning person. I know anyone can make themselves get up in the morning, I mean I want to greet each day energetically, get more done before 9 am than most people do all day.

If you know me, you know I love a program. So after a little searching(thank you internet!) I have great tips to becoming a morning person.

1. Set your wake time, incl. weekends, holidays, etc. That's tough but I will have you know that I got up no later than 7:30 all weekend. This was especially helpful because I could watch the Olympics from the night before early enough that I didn't run into any spoilers. Oh Mikey Phelps, I love you.

2. Leave house immediately for a 1/2 hour walk. The daylight turns off your melatonin telling you that you are awake. Jack occasionally looks at me wondering why we are outside when he could be watching Elmo.

3. Avoid bright light at night. Strangely this might be the toughest one for me. I love running errands at night sans anklebighters! I almost ran to Walmart absentmindedly last night, forgetting that the bright daylight inside there would throw off my body clock.
They suggested you could wear yellow sunglasses. If I did I would have to go around singing "Man, I love these Blu-Blockers!"

4. Take otc melatonin at night. Not brave enough to try this.

5. No caffeine or alcohol after 3. This means no diet coke at night, but I am fully cleared to start drinking at lunch time.

If any of you know how to be naturally thin please comment.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh I wish my child naturally liked Elmo. He is so freaking cute, that little red furry friend. How could my child not like to sit and watch him talk in third person and sing his high pitched little songs? Alas, he doesn't. Please prepare your next post on how to indoctrinate wayward children who do not appreciate the many benefits of TV watching.

And good for you my little morning lark. I'll start meeting you at Chevron at noon.

AshleyS said...

okay, this has nothing to do with your post really, but this is for Ash too:

I HATE ELMO. Hailey is obsessed so I bought her a DVD and turned it off after 5 minutes. No educational value whatsoever and just plain STUPID. I know, if I want my kid to be educated, I shouldn/t put her in front of the television, but when I need to get a little work done and she asks to watch a video, I'm sticking with Einstein and Signing Time from now on.

Okay, you probably don't care, but you brought up Elmoa nd I've been wanting to fry this fish all day.

Ashley said...

Touche, best friend Ashley... Then give me some of your rich Einstein videos.

Sorry to hijack your blog Lisa. Let's still go get a Dr. Pepper and teach my kid about TV.

-Just Ashley

Lisa said...

Two things. One I think Elmo is very developmentally educational, and is a good balance to the rest of Sesame Street and its ABC 123 business. Jack also loves Jack's Big Music Show. No surprise because I would love a show called Lisa's Big Music Show.

Second, I forgot to mention in my post that Pat suggested that all of the dim bulbs walking around Walmart would counteract the bright lights.

Sorry I feel a little disoriented my BFF was just criticizing TV. I need to lay down for a while(in front of the TV)