Where the heck are you?

Monday, April 28, 2008

Midterms

I hate midterms. I know, I know, I am not a student but I hate Pat's midterms more than I ever hated my own. First of all I was never as good of a student as he is (naturally gifted), and I didn't have these two kids screaming at me while I was studying. The other day I decided that the only thing worse than mopping (once a day people!) is having your son chase you screaming and army crawling through the wet floor while you mop. This is the kind of pressure I am under.

Tonight we had dinner at Costco. Don't judge me, it is midterms. And as though our house were not enough of a pressure cooker our air conditioner went out today, more closely approximating the steamy aspects of a pressure cooker. I was not about to turn on an oven and make it 1 degree warmer in here. The real bummer is I have been killing myself getting deals on groceries just so I can kill the budget with a berry sundae. Did you know you can get them with chocolate soft serve? I digress.

At Costco I am getting Ella some water and Pat starts yelling my name. Ella is about to blow. She had been saying her head hurt, but frankly so did mine so I didn't think anything of it. Until she starts to spew into my diet coke cup. Yum.

Thankfully she curled up and went to sleep in the stroller because MOTY (mother of the year) still had to get diapers. I know that making your sick child sleep through a shopping trip is about the worst thing a mom could do, but it ranks just under having to leave your baby in the same diaper all day so I did my best. As my friend Connie would say, "We all make choices"

And the worst part of all of this is that it was not even really that bad of a day. 100 degree heat, screaming baby, puking child not really that bad when you consider its midterms. Just imagine what it will be like during finals. When he takes his boards we are leaving town.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh wow, the feelings are all mutual; that actually sounds worse than my midterm day...I sure hope Ella does not have what Eli does. Puking and green diarrhea may be in your future for the next 7-9 days if she does. I am truly sorry about that as well as the A/C. Nothing turns me into a bigger b i otch faster than inferno temperatures in my home.

Ashley said...

Oh and PS (I have obviously been thinking about this for two days, but since it's midterms, you know why it has taken me this long to come back to it) I hate it when my child ruins a perfectly good diet beverage by spewing in it. That just really throws an extra kink in things.