Where the heck are you?

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pat is ruining my life

When you stay home all day with a person who doesn't speak you have a lot of time to think about how you would like to redecorate your house and how you might like to change your hairdo. And since as Pat and I often discuss, to decorate your house you need a lot of money or a lot of time, and we have neither I have started obsessing about getting bangs.

Pat is opposed. He thinks they are too fussy. I can sort of understand his point as he remembers 80's bangs sprayed with Aquanet hairspray. And he just keeps saying over and over, "They hang in your FACE!" as if this is not the most obvious feature of bangs. My two greatest argument for bangs are that some of my cutest friends have them and at least its something different for God's sake.

Okay fine, maybe we need a dog. On a walk we met someone with a Puggle. Very cute dog, and upon further inquiring found out she got the dog for 1/2 price, $600. Holy smokes, the rent on our first apartment was less than that!(insert old joke here) Pat reminded me that he is far too busy saving the world one tooth at a time to pick up dog poop and that would fall to me. Like all of the other poop duty around here. Our lease also does not allow for dogs. Minor detail.

After a full weekend of IHOP for family night(kids eat free M-F, 3-10, and they have a Dr. Seuss menu!), Newport Beach(let's move here Pat), Kyle's 6th birthday, and church we went to Ohana for yogurt. Sitting outside Coffee Bean, watching Ella dance and Jack marvel at the misters and fountain, I reached frozen yogurt Nirvana.

Just then a striking red head walked up with one of those really cute, really angular haircuts prompting me to suggest to Pat that maybe I should cut my hair short. His response:
"You should get bangs."

6 comments:

ConnieFinney said...

My unsolicited opinions about bangs...know thyself about cowlicks...I have one and bangs are disasterous! Otherwise, bangs are cute! Love ya, Friend!

Ashley said...

Really IHOP? Gross. No wonder your life is allegedly being ruined. Thank you for having my husband over for dinner. I like the bangs idea- I double dog dare you.

Anonymous said...

Pat is enriching my life!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if fussy is the word I would use. However, the idea of hair falling into my eyes makes me claustrophobic. Fortunately a problem I don’t have to worry about as my hair is more likely to fall out than into anything.

P.S. I had to post anonymous because I haven't figured out this World Wide Web thingy.

Dad

kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Kim said...

I'm so excited you are blogging and I can see your precious family and hear what's happening in your life (your hilarious version that is).
Thanks for the comment on my blog. You will be happy to know I am transferring my fear of dolls, clowns, and nutcrackers to my son. Last week he spent the night at his grandparents and the next morning removed the Raggedy Ann doll from his room and put it in the closet telling me it had been looking at him while he was in bed.
Love you!